Thursday, January 30, 2014

Song #49 On My MP3 Player - Candy by Iggy Pop and Kate Pierson

I have decided to share with the Lost Soul faithful every song that is stored on my MP3 player which is a Philips GoGear Vibe 4G model. All posts are in alphabetical order. Song #49 on my MP3 player is 'Candy' by Iggy Pop and Kate Pierson which is the fourth track on Iggy Pop's 1990 album Brick by Brick.

Brick by Brick was released when I was in high school. At the time, I was a volunteer disc jockey at a university radio station. We were allowed to have any kind of format, but the station required we play tracks from albums listed in the light, medium, and heavy rotation lists. There was a copy of Brick by Brick at the station and on the front of the album someone took a black marker and wrote some sort of manifesto stating that Iggy Pop sucked. I decided not to play the album, but heard 'Candy' not long after my time was up sta the station. It's a good song and I hope you enjoy.



TonyDoug Wright is The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment