Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Song #42 On MY MP3 Player - Bring The Noise by Anthrax and Public Enemy

I have decided to share with the Lost Soul faithful every song that is stored on my MP3 player which is a Philips GoGear Vibe 4G model.  All posts are in alphabetical order. Song #42 on my MP3 player is 'Bring The Noise' by Anthrax and Public Enemy. This song is the second track on Anthrax's 1991 rarities and B-sides album Attack of The Killer B's.

The first time I heard this song is when I was a junior in high school. I was a volunteer DJ at a university radio station and it was required that I played selections from albums in the rotation bin. After a few minutes of checking the list, I found this great collaboration between Anthrax and Public Enemy. 'Bring The Noise' was originally recorded by Public Enemy and is featured on their brilliant album It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back. This is a perfect blend of hip-hop and metal. Too bad Korn and Limp Bizkit ruined it for the rest of us.




TonyDoug Wright is The Lost Soul of Rock & Roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment