Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Song #38 On My MP3 Player - Blueprint by Fugazi

'Blueprint' is the fifth track on Fugazi's 1990 album titled Repeater. Fugazi is a rock band from Washington, D.C. that has maintained a D.I.Y. attitude where they have complete control over their music. The band has been on hiatus since 2003 although reunion rumors circulate from time to time.

I'm a big fan of Fugazi and 'Blueprint' is definitely in my top three list of Fugazi tracks of all time. It was late 1992 or early 1993 when I first heard Fugazi. I was a short order cook in a restaurant and I worked with a guy named Scott who one day challenged me to make him an impressive mix tape. I have no recollection of what I placed on the tape, but I was coming out of my classic rock and hard rock phase, so it might have been heavy on Zeppelin, Kiss, Sabbath, and Pink Floyd. Scott liked my tape, but he gave me a tape of important music. His tape introduced me to The Velvet Underground, Fishbone, and Fugazi. I went out and purchased what I could find from The Velvet Underground and Fugazi. My first Fugazi album was 13 Songs and then I purchased Repeater. Both albums are amazing and I hope you dig 'Blueprint'. Enjoy.




TonyDoug Wright is the Lost Soul of Rock and Roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment