Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Getting Caught Up On Wednesday - Mr. November by The National

Catching Up On Wednesday is a new feature at The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll where I try and get caught up on the music that has been released over the past fourteen years. During the late 1980's and 1990's, I was a good Lost Soul, but I've got a great deal of catching up to do in order to be cool and hip. I picked a band at random and decided to check out The National. The song I selected was "Mr. November" which is the thirteenth track from their 2005 album titled Alligator.

Today is the first time that I heard this song. I'm getting a Joy Division and Interpol vibe from these cats, which is a plus in my book. "Mr. November" is a good song, but it hasn't hooked me as a listener. I'll give them a few more chances, so if you have any recommendations then let me know. Maybe I'll take a trip to the library and check out some of their music on CD. I'm old school and that's how I roll. On a side note, I discovered that this band was formed in Cincinnati, Ohio. I'm from Ohio and I refer to Cincinnati as "The Nasty" because I get a real scummy vibe from that city when I visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment