Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Guilty Pleasure Tuesday: Hey Jealousy by the Gin Blossoms

I share my guilty pleasure music on Tuesday's and my selection this week is 'Hey Jealousy' by the Gin Blossoms. This song is featured on their 1992 debut album New Miserable Experience. 'Hey Jealousy' was released in June of 1993 and was a Top 40 hit.

I've been a fan of this song since it was the hotness on the charts. Mainstream alternative rock bands of the 1990's have been the victims of some major hate at times, but I'll defend 'Hey Jealousy' because it's an excellent rock song. If you watched the AV Club's 2012 Undercover series, you might remember that Cursive and Cymbals Eat Guitars covered 'Hey Jealousy'. It was brought up that 'Hey Jealousy' was "shit on" by people, and a guy from Cymbals Eat Guitars said if the song was recorded by Teenage Fanclub then it would be a classic. Ain't that the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment