Thursday, August 1, 2013

Song #9 On My MP3 Player - 30 Gallon Tank by Spoon

Spoon is a band from Austin, Texas that formed in 1993 and they have released seven albums. '30 Gallon Tank' is the fifth track on their 1998 album A Series of Sneaks and it was also released as an EP. This is the first of a few tracks on my MP3 player from Spoon.

My first Spoon experience was when I purchased the What's Up Matador CD. It was a compilation CD of various artists from the Matador label. What's Up Matador featured two songs by Spoon, 'Don't Buy The Realistic' and 'Telamon Bridge'. I was hooked by Spoon and had to check out their albums. I've been a fan of Spoon for years and they are one of a handful of bands that have not disappointed me as a listener.

It's hard to describe the sound of Spoon to someone who has never heard their music. They can be a noisy rock band, they can crank out a nice acoustic jam, or they can also deliver a slick pop influenced song. '30 Gallon Tank' is one of Spoon's best and it is one of their noisy rockers. If you like The Pixies, Sonic Youth, or Nirvana then give '30 Gallon Tank' a listen. Enjoy.





TonyDoug Wright is the Lost Soul of Rock and Roll. Follow him on Twitter @TonyDougWright.

No comments:

Post a Comment