Thursday, August 22, 2013

Song #24 On My MP3 Player - Annie Get Your Gun by Squeeze

Don't shoot that singer! 'Annie Get Your Gun' is song #24 on my MP3 player and it is the song of the day at The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll. This song was released in 1982 as a single and is featured on Singles - 45's and Under, a compilation album released that same year.

Squeeze is a band that has an impressive catalog that in my opinion has been overlooked here in the USA. They fall into that late 70's and early 80's category of new wave and power pop, but Squeeze has released some brilliant pop driven music. Singles - 45's and Under is worth checking out because it is loaded with pop goodness. I've been a fan of this British band for ages, and one day I'll be able to remember all of  their various personnel changes.

I'm pretty certain I first heard Squeeze on MTV back in the early 80's when they had a hit with 'Black Coffee in Bed'. My appreciation of Squeeze didn't occur until 1994 or 1995 when I borrowed a copy of Singles - 45's and Under. I was absolutely impressed and purchased my own copy on CD. Squeeze has a place in my pop loving heart, and shame on you for not appreciating their music.

'Annie Get Your Gun' is on my MP3 player because it's a fun acoustic driven pop song. Glenn Tilbrook is a great vocalist and I really enjoyed his work with Squeeze. I hope you enjoy 'Annie Get Your Gun' and have a great day!




TonyDoug Wright is The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment