Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Song #23 On My MP3 Player - And She Was by the Talking Heads

'And She Was' by the Talking Heads is song #23 on my MP3 player and it is the song of the day at the Lost Soul of Rock and Roll. This song was released in 1985 and is the opening track on Little Creatures.

I'm a "greatest hits" fan when it comes to the Talking Heads. I've listened to some of their albums, but a greatest hits albums will suffice for my collection. This is a relationship I have with many artists.

My freshman year of college was perhaps my biggest year of music appreciation. It's hard to explain what happened, but I discovered a bunch of new bands, plus I gained a greater respect for artists that I didn't fully appreciate in high school. 'And She Was' is one of those songs that caught my attention my freshman year in college. The video was playing on MTV or VH1 and I was hooked. It's a bouncy little pop song that will make you feel great.

For the longest time I did not know this song was about a girl on an acid trip. Apparently, David Byrne, the lead singer and songwriter for the Talking Heads, knew a girl that used to drop acid near a Yoo-Hoo factory in Baltimore. Knowing is half the battle, boys and girls. Enjoy.



TonyDoug Wright is The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll. He has never tried Yoo-Hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment