Thursday, August 8, 2013

Song #14 On My MP3 Player - A Life of Possibilities by The Dismemberment Plan

The Dismemberment Plan is a band from Washington, D.C. that formed in 1993 and gained critical acclaim for their 1999 album Emergency & I. This album was well received by critics and is considered one of the best indie rock albums of the past twenty years. 'A Life of Possibilities' is the opening track to Emergency & I and it is the fourteenth song on my MP3 player.

I moved to Southwest Michigan in 2000 and a few months later I discovered the awesome college rock radio station WIDR. One day they played a track from Emergency & I and I had to call the station to find out the name of the band. The disc jockey said they were called The Dismemberment Plan, so I went to Flipside Records in Kalamazoo, MI (RIP) and purchased a copy of Emergency & I.

'A Life of Possibilities' is one of many great tracks on Emergency & I . The album is a wonderful blend of punk, hip-hop, dance music, and R&B. 'A Life of Possibilities' starts off with a bouncy beat and then someone finds the distortion pedal and then everything accelerates into an all out rocker. I highly recommend this album and I hope you enjoy the song of the day.





TonyDoug Wright is the Lost Soul of Rock and Roll. He made some awesome no-bake cookies last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment