Monday, August 5, 2013

Song #11 On My MP3 Player - 99 Problems by Jay-Z (Explicit Lyrics)

Jay-Z's '99 Problems' is the eleventh song on my MP3 player and was featured on the 2004 release The Black Album. If you know the song then you are familiar with the line, "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son/I've got 99 problems and a bitch ain't one." For years I thought Jay-Z was referring to a woman as a "bitch", but his book titled Decoded states that the "bitch" he's talking about is a female police dog.

If you listen to '99 Problems' then you know that Jay-Z has beef with the industry, some dude who is pissing him off, and the police. Jay-Z mentions an instance in the song where he's pulled over by the cops with a car full of drugs. You might think Jay-Z is giving you some valuable legal advice in the song, but you are wrong. This article from the St. Louis University School of Law breaks down that part of '99 Problems' to show you what Jay-Z got right and wrong in the song.

'99 Problems' is on my MP3 player because it's one of those songs you need to hear to get you through a stressful situation. Also, it helps out when you are having a crummy day. I'm a hip-hop fan and '99 Problems' is one of the best hip-hop tracks of all time. I've got more hip-hop on my MP3 player, but I want you to check out Jay-Z's '99 problems' below. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment