Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Song #28 On My MP3 Player - Baba O'Riley by The Who

'Baba O'Riley' is song #28 on my MP3 player. This is the opening track to The Who's 1971 album Who's Next.  Not only is 'Baba O'Riley' a candidate for the best song in rock and roll history, but Who's Next is also a contender for the greatest rock and roll album of all time.

I discovered The Who during the fall of 1988, which was my freshman year of high school. A fellow student brought a "best of" tape of The Who to study hall and he asked if I liked their music. I told him that I didn't know any of their songs and he was absolutely flabbergasted.  He said they were one of the best rock bands of all time, so I went out and bought my own "best of" tape by The Who to see if he was right.

It didn't take long for me to be a fan and I am still a fan today. The Who is fantastic and it should be a criminal act to hate this band. 'Baba O'Riley' is pure rock and roll gold. I've added a live version so you can see these guys rock the house. Enjoy.



TonyDoug Wright is the Lost Soul of Rock and Roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment