Friday, September 21, 2012

The Abbey Road Medley by The Beatles

This is the end of the one-two punch week at The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll where I select the best back-to-back songs in the history of rock and roll. I've decided to bend the rules today and select the Beatles Abbey Road medley of 'You Never Give Me Your Money', 'Sun King', 'Mean Mr. Mustard', 'Polythene Pam', 'She Came in Through the Bathroom Window', 'Golden Slumbers', 'Carry That Weight', and 'The End' as the song of the day for September 21, 2012.

I love Abbey Road. 'Here Comes the Sun' is my favorite track, but that Abbey Road medley is pretty damn cool. It is something of a rock and roll blasphemy to play the medley as individual tracks and not as one song. I remember reading a post from a guy I knew from a Guided by Voices mailing list who worked tirelessly to make the Abbey Road medley one song on his iPod. That's dedication to The Beatles, folks.

I was a casual fan of the The Beatles during the late 1980s, but I really didn't appreciate their music until 1992 - 1993. My high school years were 1988 - 1992 and there were some Beatles fans at my school that seemed to have a fanatical view of their music, which rubbed me the wrong way. After I graduated from high school, I hung out with some "chill" Beatles fans, and they changed my view for the better. Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment