Thursday, September 27, 2012

100 Percent by Sonic Youth

This is love/hate week at the Lost Soul of Rock and Roll. I've been selecting songs from bands that I have a love/hate relationship with in my wonderful rock and roll universe. The song of the day for September 27, 2012 is '100%' by Sonic Youth. '100%' was released in 1992 and is a track on their album, Dirty.

I either love a Sonic Youth song or I hate it to the point where I want to smash a stereo system or break a CD in half. It does sound a bit extreme, but that's the reason why I've never purchased a Sonic Youth album. If you're wondering, I do have a Sonic Youth CD single for 'Sugar Kane' in my collection, but it was a gift from a friend. The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll has a great deal of respect for the band, however Sonic Youth is something I can enjoy in very small doses once every six months. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment