Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Subdivisions by Rush

This is love/hate week at The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll. I'm selecting songs from artists that I love and I hate at the same time. Complicated rock and roll relationships. The song of the day for September 26, 2012 is 'Subdivisions' by Rush. This song was released in 1982 and is featured on the album, Signals.

KNEEL BEFORE YOUR GODS, NERDS!

They say the Velvet Underground spawned a thousand indie rock bands. I say that Rush spawned a gazillion IT professionals and engineers. How did these guys become the band of nerds?

I like Rush, so don't look at me as a hater. They have some good songs, and 'Subdivisions' is an excellent example for my love/hate week. Why? I love the song, but hate the fact that some fans view this song as the ultimate example of intellectual rock. Rush has some rockers to their name, they are very good musicians as well, but I've never viewed this band as the smartest guys in the rock room. Do you agree or disagree? Share your comments in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment