Thursday, September 13, 2012

September Gurls by The Bangles

Covers week at The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll is coming to an end, but the song of the day for September 13, 2012 is The Bangles super cool cover of 'September Gurls'.

'September Gurls' was originally recorded by Big Star in 1973 and was featured on their 1974 album Radio City. Big Star was one of those bands that recorded really good music, but for some frustrating reason they never achieved major mainstream success. Many bands were influenced by their sound, and The Bangles covered 'September Gurls' on their 1986 album Different Light.  

When my wife and I were first dating, she put in a Bangles CD while we were on a car trip, and I heard the intro to 'September Gurls'. I had no idea The Bangles covered Big Star, and I was very impressed. The Bangles were a really good band and I hope you enjoy today's selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment