Monday, September 24, 2012

High 'n' Dry (Saturday Night) by Def Leppard

This is love/hate week at The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll where I select songs from artists I have a love/hate relationship with in my musical universe. The song of the day for September 24, 2012 is 'High 'n' Dry (Saturday Night)' by Def Leppard. This song was released in 1981 on their album High 'n' Dry.

My wife and I have the same musical tastes,but there are some artists I love that she hates and vice versa. We thought it would be fun to have a love/hate week at The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll. I know she'll get a kick out of the fact that I selected Def Leppard because I had a moment of rage during a car trip when my wife played a Def Leppard greatest hits CD.

I'm cool with Def Leppard on High 'n' Dry and Pyromania, but Hysteria was the beginning of the end, and that solidified my love/hate relationship with Def Leppard. While songs like 'High 'n' Dry (Saturday Night)', 'Bringin' on the Heartbreak', 'Switch 625', and 'Photograph' are songs I love, I must say that I HATE 'Lets Get Rocked'. I feel ill thinking about that song. It was 'Let's Get Rocked' that made me snap during a road trip with my wife. It's just the way Joe Elliott sings, "Do ya wanna get rocked?" Yuck. Anyway, treat yourself to some good Def Leppard. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment