Friday, September 7, 2012

Rock and Roll Fantasy by The Kinks

The week of deep cuts has come to an end, and my last pick is 'Rock and Roll Fantasy' by The Kinks. 'Rock and Roll Fantasy' was released in 1978 on the Misfits album.

The Kinks are one of those artists that I really like, I know nearly all of their songs, but I only own one of their CDs. The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, David Bowie, and Pink Floyd are also in that category. My local libraries have an impressive collection of CDs, so I'm *ahem* frugal that way.

'Rock and Roll Fantasy' is one of my favorites from The Kinks. The song is about those that escape reality via music. I've been guilty of that in my lifetime, and I know there is a difference between using music to help during rough times and using music to completely shut yourself off from the world. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment