Thursday, September 6, 2012

Awkward Age by Joe Jackson

This week, The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll is selecting deep cuts from various artists. Today, I've selected a deep cut from one of my favorite artists, Joe Jackson. My deep cut song of the day for Thursday, September 6, 2012 is Joe Jackson's 'Awkward Age', which was released in 2003, and is on the album Volume 4.

Joe Jackson really knows how to craft a fine pop song. He's a great writer and composer, and if you do not know his material then you are truly missing out on some wonderful music. I first heard 'Awkward Age' on 2004 his live album, Afterlife, which I highly recommend for Joe's faithful followers. 'Awkward Age' is about surviving the teen years only to discover that the cliques still exist, and yes, there are still the cool parties where you are not invited. The only version I could find was from a live TV performance in Holland, but Joe and the band give a great performance. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment