Friday, August 31, 2012

Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2) by Pink Floyd

Our week of end of summer and/or the return to school has come to a close. I'm thinking that we should keep the weekly themes going and I have the next three weeks covered. 'Another Brick in the Wall (Part2)' is our final selection for this week, and it just might be the best anti-school song in the history of rock and roll. 'Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)' was a #1 hit song from Pink Floyd's 1979 rock opera, The Wall.

Should I be happy that Roger Waters, the bass player for Pink Floyd, had a psychological breakdown while on tour during the late 1970s? I don't wish bad things on others, but it was that breakdown that led him to write The Wall. As a fan of Pink Floyd, I do like The Wall, but I'm not in love with the album. That statement may be blasphemy to some fans, and my personal favorite from Floyd is Dark Side of the Moon. However, if we need a school sucks type of anthem, then 'Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)' does the job despite the fact that the chorus is not grammatically correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment