Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I Can't Drive 55 by Sammy Hagar

I have jury duty today and this is the fifth time I've been selected in the past ten years. I don't know if I'll make it to a courtroom, but I hope I'll be lucky enough to witness something equal to the tomfoolery that occurs in Sammy Hagar's video for 'I Can't Drive 55'. Let's watch the video and then read my thoughts.


After seeing that video again, I have come to a few conclusions. First, just drop the '55' from the song title and call the song 'I Can't Drive'. Was it just me or does Hagar put everyone's lives at risk when he is behind the wheel? Secondly, I have no sympathy for Sammy in this video. He drives like a dick, assaults a police officer, and then starts a riot with his grease monkeys/band mates in the courtroom. His reason? He can not drive 55 miles per hour. We must hire Atticus Finch and put this injustice to an end. On a side note, one should catch the spelling mistake at the 2:05 mark.

I don't know what awaits me for jury duty, but if Sammy Hagar shows up then it is going to be one awesome day. Hopefully he brings some Cabo Wabo

No comments:

Post a Comment