Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Boys of Summer by Don Henley

This week I am selecting songs that remind me of going back to school and/or the end of summer. My selection for August 28, 2012 is 'Boys of Summer' by Don Henley, which was a major hit from his 1984 album, Building the Perfect Beast.

I'm not going to apologize for liking Don Henley as a solo artist or even as a member of The Eagles. 'Boys of Summer' is one catchy pop tune, and if you don't like it then I will tie you up, and smash all of your Tegan and Sara albums to cleanse you of your Don Henley sins. I'm joking. I'm not going to smash your Tegan and Sara albums. I'm going to set you on fire. JOKING!


1 comment:

  1. Mike Campbell wrote this song and gave it to Tom Petty, who didn't know what to do with it. Don liked it, wrote the lyrics and came up with the Chorus: solid gold. Mike Campbell is underrated in the world of Rock & Roll.

    ReplyDelete