Monday, August 27, 2012

Big School by Guided by Voices

Fun time is over because school is back in session. I've decided that this week I'll select songs that remind me of school starting and the end of summer. I'm not always in the mood to do themes at the Lost Soul of Rock and Roll because of my Generation X slacker attitude, but I have some motivation this week.  

The song of the day for August 27, 2012 is 'Big School' by Guided by Voices (GBV), which was released in 1993 on the Static Airplane Jive EP. Why did I choose this song? 'Big School' gets me pumped every time I listen to it  thanks to Bob Pollard's energetic intro of, "One, two, BIG SCHOOL!" I was in college when I discovered GBV in '94 and this song was blasted on my car stereo as I would drive to my classes. I give this song to the younger generation and to those of you that have not embraced the awesomeness that is GBV. Go forth and rock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment