Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Fugazi: Waiting Room - Song of the Day for February 26, 2013

The Song: Waiting Room

The Artist: Fugazi

Song Info: 'Waiting Room'is featured on the 1989 album 13 Songs.

Artist History: Ian MacKaye, Guy Picciotto, Joe Lally, and Brendan Canty are Fugazi. This Washington DC based band formed in 1987 and have released seven studio albums. Fugazi is currently on hiatus, but this do-it-yourself quartet is the finest example of a band that gained success without any assistance from major record labels, MTV, major music magazines, and corporate radio. The success of Fugazi has been based on an extensive touring schedule and a word of mouth reputation. Fugazi has been labeled punk, but they are a rock band with what I describe as a funky punk sound filled with an intensity equal to a hurricane. If you want to know more about Fugazi then click here and get educated.

Why I Picked This Song: 'Waiting Room' is in my opinion the gateway song for Fugazi. It's one of their best songs, but please note that Fugazi never releases weak material. The driving bass and the wonderful blend of vocals from Ian MacKaye and Guy Piccotto makes 'Waiting Room' one of the best rock songs of all time. That's right, I said all time. I'm like Kanye jumping on stage at the VMAs and interrupting Taylor Swift. "I'm gonna let you finish, Taylor, but Fugazi had one of the greatest songs of all time" I really needed a musical kick of motivation this morning because I tweaked a muscle in my shoulder yesterday, which led to an evening of major pain. My wife decided to take me to the ER where we faced a two to three hour wait in a waiting room full of characters. There was a guy with a bandaged finger with blood all over his shirt. His wife or girlfriend was holding something in a plastic bag, so if that dude was waiting then there was no way in hell I was getting in to see anyone. Click on the video below and enjoy the music.

Download The Song: Get your Fugazi fix from Dischord Records, so click here for some great music.



TonyDoug Wright is The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll and is also the head writer and owner of Champion City Comics. Follow him @TonyDougWright on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment