Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Song #61 On My MP3 Player - Crush Story by Too Much Joy

I have decided to share with the Lost Soul faithful every song that is stored on my MP3 player which is a Philips GoGear Vibe 4G model. All posts are in alphabetical order. Song #61 on my MP3 player is 'Crush Story' by Too Much Joy which is the fourth track on their 1991 album Cereal Killers.

The first time I heard Too Much Joy was during the summer of 1991 when I volunteered at a college radio station. Their cover of LL Cool J's 'That's A Lie' was on the heavy rotation list and I was instantly hooked on that song. I put 'That's A Lie' on a mixtape and a year later I purchased their next album Mutiny. I have no idea why it took me so long to listen to Cereal Killers because Mutiny is brilliant power pop. My favorite track on Cereal Killers is 'Crush Story', which is the song of the day at The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll. Enjoy!



TonyDoug Wright is the Lost Soul of Rock and Roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment