Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Song #56 On My MP3 Player - Cliches by The Neighborhoods

I have decided to share with the Lost Soul faithful every song that is stored on my MP3 player which is a Philips GoGear Vibe 4G model. All posts are in alphabetical order. Song #56 on my MP3 player is 'Cliches' by The Neighborhoods which is the tenth track on their 1987 album Reptile Men.

I first heard the music of The Neighborhoods on a Rhino punk compilation CD titled Mass Ave.: The Boston Scene (1975-1983). The song was titled 'No Place Like Home' and I wanted to hear more of their music. I used to know a guy named Clem Lane and he was a great guy that was subscribed to a Guided by Voices mailing list. Clem was a guy that knew just about every bad that ever existed. I'm not joking. One day I posted to the Guided by Voices mailing list and asked where I could get more of The Neighborhoods music. Clem responded and sent me a mix tape. I became a fan of The Neighborhoods, or The 'Hoods as they are called back in Boston.

The Neighborhoods were a Boston band formed in 1977 and it was 1992 when they disbanded. The band started off with a scrappy pop punk style that matured into a slick rock sound. 'Cliches' is a great example of their later sound and I hope you enjoy today's selection.



TonyDoug Wright is The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment