Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Song #60 On My MP3 Player - Courage (For Hugh MacLennan) by The Tragically Hip

I have decided to share with the Lost Soul faithful every song that is stored on my MP3 player which is a Philips GoGear Vibe 4G model. All posts are in alphabetical order. Song #60 on my MP3 player is 'Courage (For Hugh MacLennan)' by The Tragically Hip which is the opening track on their 1992 album Fully Completely.

The Tragically Hip were a band I knew by name only during the 1990's because the music 'zines I would read would have advertisements for Tragically Hip shows in cities like Detroit. 'Courage (For Hugh MacLennan)' was my first Tragically Hip song, and it was used during a great movie called The Sweet Hereafter. I decided to find that song and purchased Fully Completely on CD, and this is one of a few tracks from that album on my MP3 player. Now you might be wondering who Hugh MacLennan is, and the answer is that he was the author of a book titled The Watch That Ends the Night.  'Courage (For Hugh MacLennan)' was inspired by The Watch That Ends the Night and apparently the lyrics reference the book. Enjoy!



TonyDoug Wright is The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment