Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Song #52 On My MP3 Player - Cherub Rock by Smashing Pumpkins

I have decided to share with the Lost Soul faithful every song that is stored on my MP3 player which is a Philips GoGear Vibe 4G model. All posts are in alphabetical order. Song #52 on my MP3 player is 'Cherub Rock' by Smashing Pumpkins which was the opening track on their 1993 album Siamese Dream.

I first heard 'Cherub Rock' during the summer of 1993, and it was not long after my first listen that I purchased Siamese Dream. It was not long after 'Cherub Rock' was released that the Smashing Pumpkins made it big and my friend Ryan Dellwood had a "I told you so" moment. Dellwood owned their 1991 debut album Gish and was proclaiming in '91 that they would be a popular band. 'Cherub Rock' is my favorite Smashing Pumpkins song and I hope you enjoy the 90's fuzzy rock.



TonyDoug Wright is The Lost Soul of Rock & Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment