Friday, January 25, 2013

My Heavy Rotation For January 2013: Brickfield Nights by The Boys

The heavy rotation comes to an end this week with the 1978 power poppin' punk song 'Brickfield Nights' by The Boys. They were part of the UK punk scene during the late 70's and early 80's. The first time I heard The Boys was on the Rhino DIY series CD Teenage Kicks - UK Pop I.

If you can get your hands on those Rhino DIY compilation CDs then it is worth the investment. I have four of those CDs at home and not a single one of them is weak. When I search the used CD bins, I'm on the lookout for more, and I will share more music I discovered via Rhino.

'Brickfield Nights' is the only song that I know from The Boys, and this has earned its rightful place in my heavy rotation. This is a straight up rock and roll song about remembering the good ol' days. If you are a fan of bands like Green Day and Weezer then you are really going to dig this little number. Enjoy.






TonyDoug Wright is The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll and is also the head writer and owner of Champion City Comics. Follow him @TonyDougWright on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment