Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Artists I Just Don't Get: Vampire Weekend


Vampire Weekend is today's artist featured for the 'Artists I Just Don't Get' series.

Vampire Weekend is an indie rock band from New York City. They made it big back in 2008 with their eponymous debut album.Contra, their second studio album, pushed them into the realm of super-stardom.

A friend at work tried to get me into Vampire Weekend, but I've been bored with this band since my first listen. If I were to describe their sound, I would say that Vampire Weekend sounds like what would happen if you sucked the life out of The Police. I like The Police, but Vampire Weekend is a major snooze fest.

If you've never heard Vampire Weekend then check out the video for 'Giving Up The Gun'.


I chose this song because when you hear one song by Vampire Weekend then you've heard them all. One could make the same argument about The Ramones, but The Ramones were awesome because they kicked ass and brought plenty of energy to the table.

Sorry folks, but I just don't get Vampire Weekend.

TonyDoug Wright is The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll and is also the head writer and owner of Champion City Comics. Follow him @TonyDougWright on Twitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment