Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My Heavy Rotation For January 2013: You Should Hear How She Talks About You by Melissa Manchester

This week I am sharing my heavy rotation songs. Haters gonna hate, but my song selection for today is Melissa Manchester's 1982 hit, 'You Should Hear How She Talks About You'. That's my jam.

Everybody has a list of guilty pleasure songs, and I will not apologize for liking 'You Should Hear How She Talks About You' by Melissa Manchester. I don't know all that much about Manchester's career, but I know she's the one that gave us the 1970's adult contemporary dud 'Don't Cry Out Loud'. That was bad, and I give it a thumbs down like that dude did in Spinal Tap during 'Jazz Odyssey'.

'You Should Hear How She Talks About You' is a bouncy little faux new wave pop hit. When this song comes on, I'm going to turn up the volume. Take a listen to the song below, and as an added bonus, I've found Manchester performing the song on the 80's classic show, Solid Gold. Enjoy.


I've included the original 1981 version by Charlie Dore. Take a listen below, but I think Melissa Manchester wins this game.I couldn't listen to the song from start to finished because it bored the hell out of me. Sorry, Charlie. Tuna jokes!



TonyDoug Wright is The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll and is also the head writer and owner of Champion City Comics. Follow him @TonyDougWright on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment