Monday, January 7, 2013

Artists I Just Don't Get: Dirty Projectors

Dirty Projectors

The Dirty Projectors are an indie rock band from Brooklyn, New York led by David Longstreth and are today's selection for 'Artists I Just Don't Get'.

If you are not familiar with this band then check out their video below for 'Stillness is the Move'. 



Yes, the video is totally goofy, but the music is downright awful. Sometimes white people try to get all sexy and funky with their music and they fail miserably. That's what I've heard again and again from Dirty Projectors.

Why did I choose Dirty Projectors? The praise this band has received leaves me totally baffled. Here is an excerpt from Amazon: Over three full lengths, an EP, and five different live bands in four years, David Longstreth has created in Dirty Projectors a body of music of original and variegated beauty. The breadth of his talents as a songwriter, arranger, bandleader and singer call to mind Prince, Joni Mitchell, and Bjork.When I saw Bjork listed then I knew the source of this abysmal music. Prince is awesome, Joni Mitchell is tolerable, while Bjork has produced some of the most overrated music.

I don't get the Dirty Projectors.  

No comments:

Post a Comment