Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sweet Baby James by James Taylor

It is time for a special song selection at The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll. My son James turns five today, so the song of the day is 'Sweet Baby James' by James Taylor. The song was released in 1970 and is featured on the album Sweet Baby James.

The past five years have gone by quickly, and there are days when I think to myself, "What the hell did I do before I had kids?" When my son was born, I got hit with a tidal wave of anxiety and had a major freak out because I was responsible for a baby. The anxiety lasted for a few days, but I survived. My wife and I are noticing that he is starting to like rock and roll music. When we have the radio on, he sometimes will ask us, "What kind of music is this called?" It's nice that he is showing an interest in rock and roll, but the major interests in his life are Thomas the Tank Engine, Hot Wheels, and chocolate ice cream. I hope you enjoy today's song.

No comments:

Post a Comment