Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Living For The City by The Dirtbombs

Detroit Rock City week continues at The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll, and the song of the day for October 3, 2012 is a cover of Stevie Wonder's 'Living For The City' by The Dirtbombs. We've got Detroit covering Detroit today. I know Stevie Wonder had the song of the day yesterday and covers week occurred a few weeks ago, but I gotta show some love to The Dirtbombs. 

The Dirtbombs are an awesome rock band influenced by all the great soul and punk artists from the Motor City. Mick Collins is the lead singer and founder of this band known for their incredible live shows. The Dirtbombs released an R&B and Motown cover album in 2001 titled Ultraglide in Black, which includes today's song, and that was my first experience hearing The Dirtbombs.

It's nice to know that bands still have some love for soul music.I do my best not to sound like the crazy old man yelling at the kids to get off his lawn, but I don't hear much soul from the rockers these days. Didn't those rock and roll kids listen to Motown or Stax growing up? If I'm missing out on a band that has plenty of soul then give me the 4-1-1 down in the comments section below. Check out The Dirtbombs below and enjoy some rockin' good Motor City music.

No comments:

Post a Comment