Monday, November 5, 2012

I Remember You by Skid Row

Sorry folks, I am not doing an Election Week at the Lost Soul of Rock and Roll. I'm here to rock and not get all political on my followers. Welcome to Hair Metal Week, boys and girls. Remember yesterday? The song of the day is 'I Remember You' by Skid Row. This song was on their 1989 eponymous debut album.

This song is a guilty pleasure. The Skid Row album was the hotness back in '89 and '90 due to the popularity of tunes like '18 and Life' and 'I Remember You'. My wife was playing some Skid Row on Friday night and it inspired me to have a hair metal week at this site. Haters gonna hate, but my love of rock and roll goes into the hair metal universe.

Songs like 'I Remember You' were perfect for teen angst back in the late 80s and early 90s. There was the girl you liked in high school, but you saw her wearing some other dude's varsity jacket at the mall. Maybe there was a boy that you liked at work, but he started dating the bitchy girl who referred to you as "fat". What do you do? You play 'I Remember You' over and over until the pain goes away. You know you screamed along with Sebastian Bach at this point. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment