Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Yours Is No Disgrace by Yes

 On a sailing ship to nowhere 
Leaving any place
If the summer changed to winter
Yours is no disgrace

There was a time where I could go from Yes to Union and tell you every person that played on those albums. I've completely lost that bit of information and I'm almost certain that aspartame is to blame. What I haven't forgotten is that Yes is a great band. I'll admit that I have a love/hate relationship with progressive rock, but Yes is in my list of progressive bands that I love. I should mention that the hate list is much, much longer.

'Yours Is No Disgrace' by Yes is my rock and roll selection for the day which is the opening track to the 1971 release, The Yes Album. 'Yours Is No Disgrace' is a nine minute progressive rock epic journey courtesy of the Yes line-up of Chris Squire, Steve Howe, Tony Kaye, Jon Anderson, and Bill Bruford. I have seen Yes in concert one time and it was the 1991 Union tour. They opened the show with 'Yours Is No Disgrace' and Yes gave us over three hours of incredible music. I hope you enjoy 'Yours Is No Disgrace'.    






I've added a clip of Yes bass player, Chris Squire, talking about the time he met Jimi Hendrix. It's a great story.



No comments:

Post a Comment