Thursday, July 12, 2012

Life's Been Good by Joe Walsh

I have a mansion, forget the price
Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice

The 70s rock and roll lifestyle of excess was brilliantly turned into eight minute jam by Joe Walsh, who has rocked as a solo artist and as a member of The James Gang and The Eagles. 'Life's Been Good', released in 1978, should always be played at a maximum volume because it is a classic. Haters gonna hate and yes there are times when rock and roll can be serious and/or poetic, but sometimes we just need some fun and foolishness. Thanks, Joe.






'Life's Been Good' is my favorite track by Joe Walsh, but coming in at a close second is 'Walk Away' by The James Gang. I'm adding this live performance from 1971, so enjoy. A final note: is it just me or does drummer Jimmy Fox - incorrectly credited as Jimmy Vox in the video - look like Bob 'The Bear' Hite from Canned Heat? No? Maybe?




No comments:

Post a Comment