Monday, December 17, 2012

River by Robert Downey, Jr.

Christmas Rocks at The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll. I wish I had a river I could skate away on with Iron Man. The song of the day is 'River' by Robert Downey, Jr. This song was originally recorded by Joni Mitchell, but this cover is from the A Very Ally Christmas which was released in 2000.

Ally McBeal was a show where sexy lawyers took on feel good cases and then ended the day with a trip to the bar to sing songs. Fans of the show might recall the A Very Ally Christmas album. My wife is a huge fan of the show and has a copy of the Christmas album. I remember the first time I heard 'River' by Robert Downey, Jr. I had never heard the song until that moment, and since then I have called it "The Choppin' Down Trees" song. Please don't get "The Choppin' Down Trees" mixed up with this comedy classic


No comments:

Post a Comment