Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmastime in the Mountains by Palace Songs

Christmas Rocks at The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll. I'm saving all my rage for you. The song of the day for December 7, 2012 is 'Christmastime in the Mountains' by Palace Songs. This song was released in 1995 and is featured on the Hope release.

Will Oldham/Bonnie 'Prince' Billy/Palace Songs is a great American singer/songwriter who has had a career that has been under the radar, but I'm giving you a taste of his catalog today with 'Christmastime in the Mountains'. This is not your typical Christmas song with all of the gosh-golly-gee-whiz added, so be prepared for something different. How many Christmas songs have the line "We need an enemy/I'm saving all of my rage for you"? Take that, Burl Ives. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment