Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Three Strange Days by School of Fish

 I laid down for awhile
And I woke up on the ocean

School of Fish's 'Three Strange Days' is a psychedelic pop rock gem. Released in 1991, this song is featured on their debut album School of Fish which propelled the Los Angeles based band into the spotlight. Led by lead singer and guitar player, Josh Clayton-Felt, School of Fish released their follow-up album Human Cannonball before disbanding in 1994. Sadly, Clayton-Felt died of cancer in 2000.

I've been a fan of this song since it was originally released. I purchased the cassette single for 'Three Strange Days' and the B-side was a very cool cover of Prince's 'Let's Pretend We're Married'. As a music fan, I'm disappointed that this song has been buried in the 90s alternative rock graveyard. In my opinion, 'Three Strange Days' still sounds great and should not be forgotten.   



No comments:

Post a Comment