Friday, June 15, 2012

The Fitted Shirt by Spoon

I long for the days
They used to say
'Ma'am' and 'Yes Sir'

Father's Day is Sunday, so I picked a damn good selection for my dad. Sorry folks, but you'll not hear 'Cat's In The Cradle' by Harry Chapin because my childhood was very cool and so is my dad. I selected 'The Fitted Shirt' by Spoon because this song reminds me of my dad's impressive dress shirt collection. Not only does he have a good selection of shirts, but he is the Imelda Marcos of ties. My dad always asks me if I want any of his old dress shirts and I gladly take them when given the opportunity. Happy Father's Day, Dad.

Also, I just want to say that Spoon has been a band that has never disappointed me as a music fan. They've been the most consistent indie rock band since the 1996 release of Telephono. There are pretenders to the indie rock throne (i.e. The Arcade Fire, The Decembrists, etc), but the current kings of indie rock are Spoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment