Friday, June 29, 2012

The Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden

The ritual has begun
Satan's work is done

When I was in high school, I had a few classes that had assigned seating where we were seated alphabetically by last name, so I was seated behind Jerry Tinkleman. Tinkleman liked to draw, but he would only draw the album covers of releases by Iron Maiden and Megadeth. He'd spend the whole class drawing something like Peace Sells...but Who's Buying? or The Number of the Beast. When he finished, he would show me his work, and I would always tell him that his drawing was cool. I'd always tell him it was cool because he was a good artist, plus Tinkleman had a crazed look in eyes that said to me, "If you don't like my drawing then I will fucking kill you and everyone else in this school".

I'm pretty certain Tinkleman joined the military after high school, and I hope an officer tells him his drawings suck before sending him out into combat to take out the Taliban. Tinkleman's drawings inspired me to check out Iron Maiden and Megadeth. Both bands have an impressive metal catalog and Iron Maiden's The Number of the Beast is a classic. 'The Number of the Beast' is a metal anthem and you can't go wrong with Bruce Dickinson's vocals. Enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment