Friday, September 6, 2013

Song #34 On My MP3 Player - Bird Dream of The Olympus Mons by the Pixies

'Bird Dream of the Olympus Mons' is the ninth track on the Pixies' 1991 album titled Trompe le Monde. This is a song about a bird that dreams of flying to the Olympus Mons, a volcano on Mars that is three times the size of Mt. Everest.

Trompe le Monde is a personal favorite. I first heard the album in 1992 when someone was playing 'Planet of Sound'. I had to know more about that band and grabbed a copy of Trompe le Monde. 'Bird Dream of the Olympus Mons' is a great song, and I wish I could say something really interesting about this song, but it is Friday and I'm thinking about the weekend. Just listen to the song.


TonyDoug Wright is The Lost Soul of Rock and Roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment